At the Hadrian Hotel

At the Hadrian Hotel

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A Walk in the Woods


Trees
Originally uploaded by Chris Tengi.
Over the weekend, Boy Scout Troop 44 took a trip to Nuangola, PA where they had the opportunity to stay at a house on Nuangola Lake. The troop has been making this pilgrimage for 13 years but this was my first chance to join them for the trip.

One of the highlights of the trip is the annual hike. This year we hiked a bit over 4.5 miles around and across the lake. The temperature was in the mid-20s (F) and the wind came and went — it was a beautiful day for a walk through the trees. We were a group of 21 scouts and 6 adult walking along trails through the trees.

During one of our stops I looked to the west and saw this image. My photo-gray glasses had gone almost black so I couldn't see the display on my camera, but I managed to set the Canon A70 to F8 and take this shot. I had no idea how it would come out, but I think it's OK.

My thanks to the Coats family, who have been kind enough to let the troop use their summer house for our annual winter trip for so many years.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: