At the Hadrian Hotel

At the Hadrian Hotel

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's the Little Things

The other day, I discovered yet another little useful thing about the iPhone 3G. I don't know if the original iPhone did this, but the new one remembers volume settings in the iPod application. I normally use a cassette adapter to listen to podcasts when I drive into work. The first time I plugged in the iPhone earbuds/mic, I lowered the volume from the "full" I needed for the cassette adapter. A little later, I tried the built-in speaker and had to adjust the volume again.

The next time I went to listen in the car, I plugged in the adapter and the volume jumped all the way to full on its own. I unplugged the adapter and the volume dropped back to the value for the built-in speaker. I then tried the earbuds and the volume slider moved again. I know this may seem like a little thing, but it's kinda nice that I don't have to muck with the volume every time I want to listen a different way....

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: