At the Hadrian Hotel

At the Hadrian Hotel

Thursday, December 14, 2006

ADVENTUREs in Writing

One of my co-workers sent me a link to this page and I found it quite amusing. Way back in the day, I used to play adventure (I believe that the command was actually advent because the name was limited to 6 characters by TOPS-20 - but I could be mis-remembering) and then zork. Reading this brought me back and I found myself chuckling more and more as I read. I was just waiting for a hollow voice to say "plugh."

About half way through, I sent the link to my wife Randee, who told me that this was her third reference to adventure in an hour. She had been discussing the game with her office-mate (who is way to young to have ever played the original FORTRAN version) and shortly thereafter discovered an emacs version under tools->games in the menu. Then comes the link from me. I guess sometimes things do come in threes.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: